The BCU Lifeguards have a club affiliation scheme whereby existing canoe / lifesaving / youth clubs can affiliate their club to the BCU Lifeguards. Affiliation is free of charge and then entitles the club to a range of benefits.
Clubs affiliation is great for lots of clubs for a number of reasons, for example:
- Canoe clubs who provide safety cover at events, who would like some additional help, support & training.
- Canoe clubs who wish to promote the BCU Lifeguard junior lifesaving awards to their younger members.
- Existing lifesaving clubs that are cross discipline / also work from kayaks / rescue boards.
- Youth organisations who use the first aid awards as the core of their first aid training.
We welcome affiliation from any club that is interested in working more closely with the BCU Lifeguards. To affiliate please complete and return the form below.
Benefits of affiliation
- Training & awards
- Reduced certificate costs
- Standards at events – guidelines, best practice & support
- Listing on website – where event organisers will look for teams to support their events
- Club forums – twice yearly meetings of BCU Lifeguard clubs & units
- Kit, equipment and supplier discounts
For further details about affiliating your club with the BCU Lifeguards please email us at email@example.com
Please note: Affiliation to the BCU Lifeguards cannot be used to replace your British Canoeing club affiliation (canoe clubs); it must be an additional affiliation.